William Grant & Sons Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Whilst this policy sets out our general policy on how we collect and use your personal data, in some circumstances we may inform you that different terms apply to the collection and use of your personal data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is William Grant & Sons Limited (registered company number SC131772) of The Glenfiddich Distillery, Dufftown, Banffshire AB55 4DH.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.glenfiddich.com (“Our Site”). This includes information provided at the time of ordering products via our online shop, and subscribing to our alerts service which will tell you of any future offers available. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- Records of correspondence between us.
- Information you provide if you agree to complete any surveys we may use for market research purposes.
- Details of purchases of products you buy from us through our online shop and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web server logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties we appoint to help us, to contact you with information about goods and services we provide which may be of interest to you if you have consented to us contacting you in this way. Such contact may be by post, email or telephone.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to our suppliers and contractors who are engaged by us to assist in the provision of products and services to you, including delivery of products ordered by you and the conduct of market research which you have agreed to participate in.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If William Grant & Sons Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of William Grant & Sons Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of 10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.